The seven best WhatsApp marketing agencies in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
In this post, we highlight the seven best WhatsApp marketing agencies in the DACH region. The launch of the WhatsApp Business API in February 2022 made DSGVO-compliant and scalable WhatsApp marketing possible. In this article, we show you the seven most professional and experienced WhatsApp marketing agencies in our latitudes.
We at chatarmin.com have sat down with over 100 marketing agencies in the last 18 months to talk about the topic of WhatsApp marketing. From this, we were able to gather some experience and build exciting business relationships. We are sure that we have gained a good overview of the scene as a result. At the same time, we have heard the desire of the eCommerce scene to find the right partners to potentially outsource the topic of WhatsApp marketing operationally.
We at the same time want to map out, that this blog post relies on subjective experiences from the last 18 months in the space, and is by no means targeting to give a full picture, or objective overview, of the overall European or DACH WhatsApp Marketing environment. It is a small and young space, and we try to do our best to know it all, but it will simply never be possible.
Because especially in the beginning WhatsApp marketing is a science and a new (retention) marketing channel is a challenge. Budgets and resources are tight anyway, professional help is needed. Therefore, we deal with finding the best WhatsApp marketing agency in the DACH region. And hope this blog post will give you a good overview.
The criteria for selecting the best German WhatsApp marketing agencies
chatarmin.com is your WhatsApp CRM, and has been since 2022. We have worked with many different WhatsApp marketing agencies over the past months and years and made a lot of intros for our clients as well as partners.
We focus on three main factors in our ranking: professionalism, track record, and price/performance. This results in a respective "agency score", which we summarize in a table below. This way, you can decide for yourself which partner is the best fit for you and your company.
Book your slot with our CEO Johannes to discuss and find the right WhatsApp Marketing agency for your needs:
not included: WhatsApp Ads Performance Agencies
We do not include performance agencies with WhatsApp ads in this post. We do know that German performance agency Jakob Strehlow has experience scaling one- or the other, case here. Also, brands like waterdrop® and others are looking more and more into cheaper CLTV's through shorter conversion funnels, leading their ads-traffic directly into their WhatsApp channels, via chatstart link CTA's. This is however not the focus of this blog, feel free to read more about WhatsApp ads here.
The seven best WhatsApp marketing agencies at a glance
Seventh place: Chatmaze
Founded by Yatheesaan Vasanthakumar, positive reviews, and case studies are rare at the Berlin pioneer WhatsApp Marketing agency Chatmaze. In conversation with chatarmin.com, Yathe gave very flexible pricing options, which makes it tough to evaluate the exact prices, and thus the price: value ratio, of their services.
The following criticisms also apply here:
- No success cases or customer reviews
- No in-house development, so no custom solutions for customers
- Generic content of the founders on LinkedIn which does not create in-depth insights
- Uncertainty in the offer and no transparency in prices
Positive points that speak for a cooperation with "Chatmaze" could be:
- Few customers of the agency, therefore high relevance and priority of the few potential customers
- Good basis for negotiation for potential clients, potentially extremely low retainers with a lot of service for little money
- Berlin founders who are hungry for first cases as well as want to prove themselves
Just as with our sixth-place winner "Chatmaze", we encourage customers and successful examples of collaboration with "Chatmaze" to get in touch with us. We would love to see a better ranking and better reviews for both agencies. Unfortunately, the above-mentioned arguments mean that "Chatmaze" is currently only ranked seventh in the ranking of "Germany's best WhatsApp marketing agency".
Rank Six: Mailody, Thomas Grabner
Thomas Grabner is an absolute luminary in the field of email marketing and is even named by the Klaviyo partner team as one of the most important "Product Sparring Partners" in the DACH region. Within a few years, he has managed to be respected, respected, and gladly hired by competitors as well as D2C brands. Reviews include German flagship eCommerce companies Paul Hewitt, Reishunger, Junglück, les lunes, BRUNA the label Frank Juice and many many more. We also share some customers with Mailody, for example Miss Lashes. But why does Mailody only come in sixth place here?
The reason is simple: Mailody does not officially offer WhatsApp marketing. Nevertheless, we are happy to list them here, these are the reasons:
- 100% trust in the founder and his team in the topic of retention marketing.
- "Proven Klaviyo Master Elite Partner" with excellent results for the "Who is Who" of the German E-commerce scene
- Logical, holistic, and rational approach to Retention Marketing
- Integration and consideration of WhatsApp in the general marketing mix of the clients served
- Quick understanding of WhatsApp and adaptation or coordination of the email strategy for a two-pronged retention marketing mix.
The fact that Mailody is officially not a WhatsApp marketing agency, gives as well as the following facts deductions:
- little "WhatsApp experience" since Thomas Grabner and his team have a very clear focus on the so important communication channel email
- Focus of the company on its core strength "Email Marketing".
- Potentially "missing out" on the increasingly important marketing channel WhatsApp
We wish or rather challenge you: If you already do your email marketing with Thomas and the Mailody, feel free to push them a bit to also include WhatsApp in their service mix. To date, we have not fully understood why Mailody is resisting the idea of including WhatsApp in its range of services. However, we can totally understand it from a business perspective. Unfortunately, this is only good enough for sixth place in the ranking of the best WhatsApp marketing agencies in the DACH region.
Source: Thomas Grabner
Fifth place: Ecom Retention
Felix Ehold and his small team are pioneers in the scene and early adopters of WhatsApp marketing. His clients include wholey®, Tierseelen, and holy s*hocolate. Felix has achieved remarkable results and collaborated with chatarmin.com via a joint Slack Connect channel.
Unfortunately, Felix Ehold is currently focusing more on his main agency again, the Ecom Offensive. Here they have been successfully scaling Ecom customers via Paid Media for three years and offer their services from very low retainers of €1,500.00 to €2,500.00 per month.
In addition, they also offer a percentage of the ROAS. Even if this is a fair way of accounting - since with more results the service providers are better remunerated - D2C Brands must be careful here, since such participation can develop into very high payments. Especially, if one strives for long-term partnerships.
D2C Brands have to be careful to either cap them or to include certain attribution logics in their contracts. This aspect also applies to Florian Kaiser's "inbox-marketing", which we list in this blog post as the second-best WhatsApp marketing agency in the German-speaking world.
Advantes WhatsApp Marketing Agentur Ecom Retention:
- Vorreiter im Thema “WhatsApp Marketing”
- Erfahrene WhatsApp Marketing Agentur
- Niedrige Fixkosten
- Gemeinsame Interessen durch prozentuale Wachstumsbeteiligungen
Disadvantages of WhatsApp marketing agency Ecom Retention:
- Little focus on WhatsApp and email marketing.
- Potentially skyrocketing costs due to variable compensation
- Conflicts of interest due to short-term sales and hype events that can leave scorched earth on the retention side
In summary, we can recommend working with Ecom Retention if you want a holistic WhatsApp marketing agency that can also handle your email or paid media. The lines of communication with Felix and his team are extremely short, and Ecom Retention's hands-on mentality impressed us. What we don't like is the potential targeting of high short-term revenue, without regard for branding and the "long-term game". We give Felix Ehold and Ecom Retention 3.5/5 points as a WhatsApp marketing agency.
_Source: Ecom Retention
Fourth Place: Marco Endres, Onlinegen
Marco Endres and his team of freelancers are your ideal one-man retention agency. Marco has years of experience in retention marketing and has also made a name for himself as a WhatsApp marketing agency during this time. Marco is from Teningen, but constantly travels the entire DACH region, both to present at events and to serve his clients on-site. These include Lotuscrafts or Papasplatz, both 7- and 8-figure Shopify stores with Klaviyo as CRM. Both system landscapes have chatarmin.com through integrated.
Another advantage is that Marco already knows hello-charles as well as chatarmin.com and can therefore draw direct comparisons. Marco knows reviews.io, Loyaltylion, and Omnisend and is therefore your experienced retention marketing specialist.
Advantages of WhatsApp Marketing Agency Onlinegen:
- Hands-on mentality and direct collaboration with the founder
- Focus on Shopify, Klaviyo & Omnisend techstack
- Rich experience in far-reaching retention marketing structures including email, WhatsApp as well as direct mailings and community/reputation management
Disadvantages of WhatsApp marketing agency Onlinegen:
- Limited capacities due to very small structures
- Waiting list to work directly with Marco Endres
- Onlinegen cannot "grow" with your company, at some point the agency will probably become too small
In summary, we can recommend working with Onlinegen, especially to smaller structured D2C brands and CRM teams. If you want a holistic retention marketing agency that can also handle your email or direct mail or reputation management with Reviews.io, Marco and his Onlinegen are the right choice. Just like with Felix Ehold and his team, the communication channels are extremely short and a common Slack connect channel is usually created with clients.
Marco unfortunately has limited resources and capacity. So if you want to collaborate with this WhatsApp marketing agency, you should already inquire or ask us at chatarmin.com for an intro.
We give Marco Endres and his Onlinegen 4/5 points as a WhatsApp marketing agency.
Third place: More Conversions, Jakob Gerzen
Jakob Gerzen is undisputedly one of the best in the field of retention marketing and email marketing in the German-speaking D2C scene. The twelve-strong "More Conversions" is doing pioneering work in email, postcard and WhatsApp marketing for the D2C DACH scene. Jakob's track record reads just as impressive as these lines. The long-term collaborations with leading D2C brands such as Athletic Greens, Rosental, livefresh, SNOCKS and co. show the altitude at which Jakob and his team are flying.
But why then does More Conversions only land in third place in the ranking of the best WhatsApp marketing agencies in the DACH D2C eCommerce scene?
The two reasons are simple:
- More Conversions can only be afforded at a higher price for absolute top brands that have already done their homework.
- More Conversions is exclusively contracted with hello-charles, and even invested there.
Here are the reasons why companies should place their retention and WhatsApp marketing in the hands of the WhatsApp marketing agency More Conversions:
- Holistic view of the whole: As one of the few retention marketing agencies, More Conversions brings skills and experience in all areas of digital retention marketing: SMS, WhatsApp and Email. Everything from one source, done for you!
- Impressive track record: More Conversions has made a name for itself as a retention marketing agency in the DACH region through successful email and WhatsApp campaigns for renowned brands such as buah.
- Clear focus on concentrated tech stack: Klaviyo, charles, mypostcard, but also Shopware, Woocom and custom Shops. This enables a high degree of specialization and expertise for the retention and WhatsApp marketing of your online shop.
- Own data analytics solution: DataX, with which the claim is made to holistically analyze all shopper data of your D2C brand.
- Custom integrations through our own in-house development capacity
These criticisms are worth bearing in mind when working with More Conversions:
- In terms of the price-performance ratio, More Conversions positions itself in the upper segment. This excludes cooperation with smaller brands.
- Klaviyo only as well as migration of every customer to Klaviyo.
- Exclusivity with hello-charles: No objective advice and approach to your WhatsApp marketing. The reason for this, according to Jakob, is that they "only recommend WhatsApp anyway for 8-figures and above, as the CLV uplift for brands that are smaller does not justify the effort and cost".
In summary, Jakob and his team are outstanding experts whom we can recommend to large D2C Brands on principle due to their impeccable reputation and great references. When it comes to retention marketing, email marketing, and/or WhatsApp marketing, More Conversions should always be on your list. However, thanks to their focus on hello-charles and Klaviyo, there are unfortunately deductions.
Thus, More Conversions only makes it to third place in our ranking of the best WhatsApp marketing agencies in the DACH region.
Source: Jakob Gerzen
Second place: Florian Kaiser, Inbox-Marketing.de
Florian Kaiser is undisputedly one of the best in the field of email marketing. With his background as a programmer, he offers individual solutions for his customers that also stand out on a technical level. Even I - Johannes, the founder of chatarmin.com - was impressed by the technical possibilities that inbox marketing offers in the first video call with his team. Saskia Dörr - Head of CRM at Oatsome - shared this impression after we gave her an introduction. Florian's team looks after around 10 brands in WhatsApp marketing, making them the leaders in Germany. Thanks to their experience with platforms like hello-charles, zoko and chatarmin.com, they have a deep insight into the relevant WhatsApp CRMs for the eCommerce sector and can thus choose the ideal tool for their clients.
Some of their renowned WhatsApp clients are for example bedrop, RIBEME, wowtamins or mellow NOIR.
Here are the reasons why companies should trust their WhatsApp marketing in the hands of WhatsApp marketing agency Inbox-Marketing:
- Technological excellence: thanks to Inbox-Marketing's high level of technology, clients can benefit from advanced setups and automations in lead generation and flows.
- Impressive track record: Inbox-Marketing has made a name for itself as a retention marketing agency through successful email and WhatsApp campaigns for renowned brands in the DACH region.
- Deep technical integration: with their ability to hyper-personalize, AI segmentation, and deep integration with platforms like Klaviyo, they open up whole new horizons in marketing.
These criticisms must be taken into account when working with Inbox Marketing:
- In terms of price-performance ratio, inbox marketing positions itself in the upper segment. Therefore, smaller brands in particular should make sure they are ready for such an investment. Smaller brands must therefore have already done their homework in order to be able to work with Florian, Lasse, Joel and Co.
- The deep technical integrations require careful consideration when migrating and ending the collaboration with current CRM tools.
- There is a percentage of additional revenue generated via email and WhatsApp.
In summary, Florian is an outstanding expert that we can highly recommend to our clients when it comes to retention marketing, email marketing and/or WhatsApp marketing. Thanks to their technical excellence and innovative approaches, Inbox Marketing ranks second in chatarmin.com's ranking of the best WhatsApp marketing agencies in the DACH region.
Source: Florian Kaiser
First place: Justin Burkert, deineshopmails.de
Justin Burkert with "deineshopmails.de" have earned their first place and thus the nomination as the best WhatsApp marketing agency in Germany. Justin and his team look after clients such as Vaditim or Elevate and have built up an impressive "WhatsApp marketing track record" through the accounts of large and successful 7- to 8-figure D2C brands. In addition, deineshopmails.de titles itself as a "retention agency" which speaks to the holistic understanding of the role.
Founder Justin Burkert offers monthly cancellable framework agreements and always thinks in terms of the customer.
These are the advantages of working with Justin Burkert and his team:
- Flexible terms and no long contract commitments.
- Impressive track record with successful email and WhatsApp scaling of well-known brands in the DACH region
- Holistic approach to retention marketing, with understanding of WhatsApp as a channel of which
- Use of cutting-edge tools, such as Miro, Asana, Slack
- Quick understanding of WhatsApp and adapting or aligning email strategy with two-pronged retention marketing mix
- Trusted overview of the WhatsApp tech stack landscape, finding the perfect solution for your business
We can fully recommend Justin philosophically, experientially, and based on value for money. Justin and his team put the needs and wishes of their customers first. There are no hidden conflicts of interest or "hidden traps" in working with "deineshopmails.de".
So we are happy to nominate Justin Burkert and his agency "deineshopmails.de" as the number one WhatsApp marketing agency in the German-speaking world. Congratulations Justin and team!
Source: Justin Burkert
Summary: The best WhatsApp marketing agencies in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
It was a close race, but we decided on Justin Burkert with "deineshopmails.de". Here you can find our score again, based on the values "professionalism and trustworthiness", "track record" or experience, and "price/performance". Please be aware that the "Premium Options" are generally more expensive and make sense for brands with at least 400-500.000€ annual revenue. We are happy to award up to five points in each category, which corresponds to the maximum points:
So you see, it was a close race on the way to being crowned the best WhatsApp marketing agency in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
All of the above-mentioned WhatsApp marketing agencies can be recommended by us without any restrictions, just write us a WhatsApp message (link) or send us an email (link) so we can make you an intro.
We hope you have fun scaling your WhatsApp marketing!
Book your call to learn how you can use chatarmin.com and how we can help you achieve your WhatsApp marketing goals: